Are you passionate about safe and sustainable transport? Are you an experienced transportation professional? Would you like to be involved in exciting programmes including School Streets, Vision Zero and the public bike hire scheme? If so, why not join the Influencing Travel Behaviour team where you will be able to make a real difference to those who live, visit and work in Leeds.
About the positions
We have two opportunities available for focused individuals that welcome change and can drive forward and shape new ways of service. Both roles offer diverse and challenging projects which will broaden your skill set.
PO4 Team Leader – Safe and Sustainable Travel - Road Safety (req3946)
PO4 Team Leader – Safe and Sustainable Travel - Travel Planning (req3947)
The posts are based at Merrion House in Leeds City Centre with most staff currently working from home. It is full time (37 hours a week) with flexible working hours.
We promote diversity and want a workforce that reflects the population of Leeds. Leeds City Council is a Stonewall Top 100 employer, a Mindful employer and a Disability Confident employer.
All new Leeds City Council appointments are made subject to the satisfactory completion of a six month probationary period.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, innovative, ambitious and care about sustainable travel. You will have:
• A degree level qualification in a relevant field or extensive and comparable experience
• Demonstrated experience in the provision of advice, assessment and monitoring of travel plans in relation to development proposals and planning applications (Travel Planning post)
• Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of road safety strategy, initiatives (Road Safety post)
• The ability to develop and contribute to key priority projects and programmes to influence travel behaviour and promote safe and sustainable travel
• Great presentation skills and the ability and enthusiasm to present to a wide range of people
• Proven leadership skills including demonstrated ability to engage and motivate people
• Exceptional customer service and communication skills with a focus on achieving the best outcome for the community
What we can offer you
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
• 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
• Flexible working (including up to 2 days off in a 4 week period)
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Discounted public transport
• Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme, child care vouchers and discounted child care
• Health and wellbeing benefits
If you have the skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications required for this role and want to work for a great organisation, please click here to apply before 11.30pm on Sunday 28 February 2021. In your application, you must demonstrate that you meet the essential criteria, and where possible the desirable criteria.
For further information or to arrange an informal discussion about the role, please contact Lynsey McGarvey, Principal Transport Planner by email [email protected] to arrange a time.