Milton Keynes Council
Passenger Transport Monitoring Officer
Ref - 59004081
Hours p/w: 37 (Full Time)
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. Passenger Transport is at the heart of our Mobility Strategy, and in this role you will be involved in monitoring and improving the performance of both bus services and our Real Time Passenger Information (RTPI) system. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.
A rapidly growing city like Milton Keynes needs a highly attractive and effective public transport network to ensure that our residents, visitors and those working here can continue to get around as easily as possible.
We are looking for a Passenger Transport Monitoring Officer to provide effective monitoring of our subsidised bus network, support our Quality Bus Partnership work and to manage RTPI data and processes, thereby directly influencing the quality of services supplied to local bus users.
- Provide effective monitoring of all service contracts procured by the Passenger Transport Team.
- Maintain & manage the Council’s Passenger Transport information databases.
- Work with contractors and bus operators to deliver timely and accurate RTPI services.
- Ensure that all voluntary and statutory partnership commitments are recorded and effectively monitored.
- Carry out audits of contractor performance, keeping accurate records and providing high quality reports as required.
- Liaising with bus operators regarding forthcoming roadworks to agree diversionary routes, advising customers of temporary arrangements.
- Work with colleagues to provide a flexible resource across the Passenger Transport team as necessary.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Experienced in data management, including the ability to manipulate information to deliver agreed outputs. Ability to use and analysis data to aid the planning process.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, and Word skills.
- Some understanding of passenger transport issues and practices including integration and co-ordination.
- Planning, organising and prioritising a varied workload to meet team objectives.
- Ability to use IT competently and to analyse, summarise and record relevant information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to question, challenge, solve problems and complete tasks.
- Adaptable to change and motivated to reduce costs and operational risk.
- Must have a valid driving licence and own transport
Must have the ability to travel effectively to various locations in order to undertake the duties of the role.
Departmental Benefits of this role
- Working within an excellent team environment which encourages creative ideas and forward thinking.
- Opportunities for career progression within the Transport service and more widely.
- Company laptop with Softphone App that allows agile working.
- Varied and interesting work load including assisting and running key projects.
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Option to buy more annual leave
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
To apply, please fill in our digital application form on the Milton Keynes Council Careers website by clicking here.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 23rd February 2018
Interviews scheduled for week commencing 9th March 2018
At Milton Keynes Council we take great pride in our Community and we hope that you can help us grow and share our vision.