Operations Manager, Redcar
Closing Date: Monday 2nd August
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced and ambitious individual to join our Redcar depot as an Operations Manager. Reporting to the General Manager, you will maximise the weekly, monthly and annual performance of the depots through strong leadership, focusing on delivering a great customer experience, driving operational performance and encouraging a motivated workforce, "making Arriva a great place to work".
- Ensure that all daily service requirements are effectively managed to ensure appropriate driver availability, minimisation of lost mileage and bus availability
- Manage an efficient and reliable daily bus operation ensuring that the daily run out is achieved in accordance with the daily operating schedule.
- Manage driver scheduling, working and holiday rosters, issue of uniforms and equipment.
- Ensure that the correct procedures and behaviours (Driving Arriva) are followed by drivers when on driving duty and dealing with incidents and employees to prevent reoccurrences.
- Providing clear direction to the operations team in respect of the operating goals, targets and priorities, e.g. lost mileage, punctuality, fuel consumption, driving behaviours, etc. by ensuring the daily discipline of Layered Accountability, timely root cause problem solving and coaching support with the team.
- Responsible for driver recruitment ensuring establishment is optimised and working with the HR teams to maximise the opportunities for acting quality candidates ? Ensures the provision of adequate training, information, instruction and supervision as appropriate to ensure work activities are carried out safely.
- Organise the department, workplace or otherwise defined area of responsibility, to ensure a safe and continually improving working environment, completing and encouraging the proactive identification of unsafe conditions or unsafe behaviours either within the Depot or in respect of Road risks
- Using Business Excellence tools, to drive improvements in all areas
- Working with Support teams to deliver projects and their benefits etc.
- Driving efficiency and identify and eliminating areas of waste in the processes and day to day operations
- 2-3 years managerial/supervisory experience in a role where a high level of staff or other resource management skills have been required is desirable
- Proficient IT Skills
- Experience of working in a unionised environment
- Great staff engagement/motivational skills
- Competent in dealing with disciplinary matters, carrying out conduct and welfare interviews
- Good understanding of basic employment law
- Good understanding of Health and Safety – IOSH or equivalent
- Customer awareness
- Effective written and verbal communications