HEAD OF COMMERCIAL, LOTHIAN GROUP
Are you a significant influencer and leader with the ability to make a difference?
For over 100 years, Lothian have provided Edinburgh with a great value and reliable public transport service. We are now entering the next stage of our evolution and as a dynamic customer focused organisation we are committed to delivering an outstanding customer experience through our activities, which is driven from our core Commercial Strategy and thinking.
We’re a bus operator but we don’t think like one!
Due to the ongoing success and expansion of the Lothian Group we’re now looking for a Head of Commercial to join our leadership team. This is a new role and you’ll be focused on developing opportunities through our networks and how we connect with our customers and stakeholders, coupled with innovative thinking and developing a multi-channel sales strategy.
Your key responsibilities…
- Evaluate and analyse the bus network thinking strategically in the short and long term for our customers, stakeholders and shareholders
- Oversee the delivery of effective scheduling and efficient duties and rosters, maximising available resources in an ever changing challenging city environment
- Plan and deliver an annual sales strategy for the Lothian Group
- Develop our sales function, maximising opportunities and initiatives through multi operator/multi modal partnerships
- Contribute to the annual company budget and revenue planning through analysis, forecasting and business development projections
- Knowledge of the bus industry or related disciplines
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects from conception to implementation
- Strong advocacy of sustainable transport solutions, partnership working and an understanding of the social contribution transport makes
- Experience of leading and developing teams
- An awareness of technology and new business models
- Finance and budgetary management experience
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to inspire, motivate and lead others
- A drive to improve performance through innovation and determination
- Strong negotiation skills
A highly competitive package is available to the successful applicant.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to: Tracey Bork, Head of People at Lothian Group.
55 Annandale Street, Edinburgh, EH7 4AZ
Closing date Friday 5th April 2019