Isle of Man Government
Department of Infrastructure
Highway Development Control Engineer
£35,537 - £41,507 per annum
The Department of Infrastructure is looking to recruit a Highway Development Control Engineer to join their Highway Services Division to contribute to our ambitious Programme for Government on the Isle of Man.
This role will play a lead role in the analysis and assessment of the transportation infrastructure and highway safety impacts of applications made under the Town and Country Planning Act 1999 to keep the Island a special place to live and work. Therefore we are looking for an enthusiastic and effective individual with proven transport planning and traffic management experience.
The main responsibilities for this role are:
• Providing highway and transportation advice on land use allocations and individual planning applications and to ensure the provision of an appropriate standard of transport infrastructure to service new development
• Analysing and assess the impacts of planning applications on the transport infrastructure in liaison with developers and other relevant parties
• Attending and presenting advice to the Planning Committee including responding to queries raised by committee members, applicants and members of the public
• Carrying out pre-application discussions as appropriate to ensure efficient delivery of advice and an early understanding of key transport issues relating to new development
• Developing highway development control policies and procedures
A full valid driving licence is essential for this post.
The Isle of Man is a special place to live and work! Those living on the Island, benefit from great lifestyle opportunities, open space, a safe environment, great education and a real sense of community. There are numerous events, clubs and societies in almost everything you can imagine. Isle of Man residents benefit from lower tax rates than a lot of countries in the EU and a simpler, more efficient system of calculation.
For further information or an informal chat regarding these positions, please contact Kevin Almond on Tel No: 01624 686672.
A provisional interview date of 30 November has been set for shortlisted applicants; however this is subject to change.
How to Apply
The closing date for this vacancy is 10 November 2018.
A relocation package will be provided to any successful off-Island candidate relocating to the island. For more information about moving to the Isle of Man please visit www.locate.im.