Development Monitoring Team Leader
Oxfordshire County Council
£48,551 - £55,374
Location: County Hall, Oxford City Centre
SMARTER THINKERS WANTED
Contributing more than £7billion (gross) to the economy every year, and with more than 7million visitors annually, Oxfordshire County Council is committed to keeping pace with the requirements of our population. The private sector and central government also see the incredible growth potential in this dynamic county, so our investment in new homes, future-friendly transport and the associated infrastructure is set to grow to be a £multi-million venture – one that you could be at the heart of.
As a member of the Strategic Infrastructure and Planning Division you will be central to challenges such as the creation of 100,000 new homes. Leading a team of 13 staff, you will take responsibility for a range of development monitoring functions, including coordinating the processes associated with responding to consultations and monitoring the discharge of planning obligations for major developments.
Our vision at Oxfordshire County Council is to create a region that doesn’t just meet the needs of its population – it exceeds their expectations. Our talented colleagues are working collaboratively to deliver this ambition, but in order to help these challenges go the extra mile, we need visionary Team Leaders to help our people meet their targets. Individuals who are meticulously organised and who have the drive, ambition and capacity to think smarter – people just like you.
You will be responsible for the daily management of your team, motivating them to ensure high-quality, value-for-money results are being achieved on time and within budget. Sharing your expert knowledge, you will inspire a culture based on respect – and you will ensure your team are being fully developed. You’ll see to it that we are meeting our legislative requirements, and you will adopt an open approach to communication. Overseeing reporting to ensure every stakeholder is on the same page, you will be the innovator who keeps projects on track. This is a career-defining challenge. And with your input, it is one that will have a major impact on Oxfordshire’s future.
Leading and developing the team within our dynamic Planning & Engineering department, you will thrive with us if you:
• Have a genuine passion for delivering customer and commercial-focussed results.
• Have significant management-level experience in a similar organisation, backed-up by good legislative knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of current developments in the field.
• Love working in partnership with people.
• Have good project management capabilities. You will also be comfortable working in a period of change, adapting team priorities depending on the current needs of your projects.
• Are an effective decision-maker, with good capital and revenue budgetary management skills.
• Have a management qualification or a degree (though equivalent experience would be acceptable if you don’t have either of these).
• The above requirements relate to a Grade 15 role. If you would like to apply for Grade 16, you will also have a good understanding of all related high-risk technical disciplines, and you will be comfortable representing the authority in a legal environment such as a Crown Court or a public inquiry.
Closing day: 9th December