Traffic Signals & UTMC Manager
£41,846 - £44,697
An opportunity has become available to manage the Traffic Signals and Urban Traffic Management and Control (UTMC) Teams. The team is part of the Traffic Service and thepost currently reports to the Head of the Traffic and Highways Maintenance.
Traffic signals and UTMC are involved in a wide variety of major schemes across Bristol’s Transport Department currently including the following projects:
• Metrobus Traffic Signals and ITS
• Temple Circus regeneration
• Temple Quarter Enterprise Zone schemes
• The team also delivers an annual capital programme of signal improvement schemes aimed at maintaining and enhancing the asset.
We are looking for someone with proven management experience, enthusiasm, creativity, vision and good communication skills to add to and lead the wealth of experience and enthusiasm already within the Traffic Signals team.
You will be responsible for:
• Management of the Traffic Signals & UTMC teams
• Overall responsibility for traffic signal design, installation and maintenance
• UTMC Control – functional responsibility (UTMC team located in the new multifunctional Bristol City Council Operations Centre)
• Expert technical advice for all Traffic Signals and UTMC issues
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional to further their skills and lead a dynamic team in delivering a complex programme of capital works, maintaining and improving the existing assets and managing the flow of all transport modes across the city.
For further information or to apply, please click here. After reading the Job Role Profile, Job Description and Person Specification, should you require any furhter information please contact Duncan Venison at [email protected]
Closing Date: 30th January 2019