Looking for a new challenge in New Zealand? We are coming to the UK to meet with ITS Engineers in the UK. Mark Gregory Transport Advisory Operations Manager is coming to London and looking to meet with ITS Engineers
Beca has a large ITS team and is involved in a number of interesting project including smart motorways, emerging technologies, transport system and services, operational strategies. We are looking for an Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Engineer to work in both the road and public transport spaces. You will be responsible for running both small and large scale ITS projects including project management, concept and detailed designs of infrastructure and systems, implementation, commissioning, operations and maintenance.
As part of the team you will be:
• Preparing designs, specifications, and cost estimates for specific jobs, keeping up to date with emerging technology
• Allocating work to allocated project teams, checking, monitoring and ensuring tasks are completed to schedule and costs
• Liaising with other technical disciplines and clients as required on technical aspects
• Evaluating engineering problems and consulting with technical experts, as necessary, to develop cost effective and robust solutions
• Identifying appropriate design aids and making use of them
• Assisting with the preparation of bid documents, providing information for reports and participating in particular investigations as required
• Working and communicating on a diverse range of projects
• Undertaking presentations to clients and senior management
• Developing proposal materials in response to RFPs
You will bring the following skills and attributes:
• Knowledge of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) technologies which includes ITS field infrastructure (e.g. CCTV cameras, message signs), transportation management centres and systems, communications and Advanced Transportation Management Systems (ATMS)
• Knowledge of Traffic Signal Design, installation, Commissioning and Operations, tolling systems technologies and deployments
• Knowledge of ATM, ICM, Smart Cities, and Connected Vehicle Technology is a plus.
• High degree of proficiency in utilising technical knowledge to effectively resolve complex systems engineering problems in accordance with client requirements.
• Effective verbal communication - speaking and listening skills - with both technical and non-technical people
• Effective presentation skills - public speaking and development of visual aids
We offer a varied role that includes managing and delivering projects with support from our technical specialists, liaising with clients and project management.
As part of a national multi-specialist team you will have many opportunities to diversify and develop in your specialism to further enhance your career with many opportunities for New Zealand based and Asia Pacific assignments.
We offer relocation support including visas, flights, accommodation and settlement services when you arrive.
To apply or set up a meeting with Mark please e-mail mailto:[email protected]