Department of Place
Planning Transportation & Highways
Team Leader (Infrastructure & Local Plan Implementation)
PO6: £42,683 pa - £45,591 pa
1 x 37 hours per week
Based at Britannia House, Bradford
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
Bradford and its extensive district is an award winning, cultural destination and one of the youngest, most vibrant places in the country. Combine a UNESCO City of Film and Salts Mill World Heritage Site with wild and beautiful moorland, throw in world class artists such as David Hockney, and literary greats such as the Brontës, coupled with a city packed with a rich and varied mix of cultures and heritages and you have Bradford!
The Post provides an exciting opportunity to manage a multidisciplinary team of professionals leading on Transport planning and Local Plan Implementation.
Prepare and review strategies, policies and proposals including research, monitoring and modelling to support and develop a transport infrastructure and support the implementation and delivery of key transport and planning projects and programmes for the district
Current key projects include:
• Northern Powerhouse Rail ( NPR)
• West Yorkshire Plus Transport Fund
• Air Quality
• Strategic Transport Model
• Local Transport Infrastructure ( Including Walking and Cycling)
• Community Infrastructure Levy
• Local Plan implementation/Master planning
The Post will require extensive experience at a senior level in the traffic and transportation or Planning field – of at least 5 years, which includes experience of dealing with complex planning and or transport projects, and working with strategic stakeholders and member as well as representing the council.
Requires experience of:
• leading, managing and motivating staff to deliver high quality services; and
• project management for complex projects/programmes to ensure the successful delivery of projects within pre-determined timescales and budgets would be desirable.
Together with a proven track record of:
• Generating resources, managing budgets and bringing these in on target, and
• co-ordinating and developing corporate programmes aimed at specific objectives and outcomes, and working with professional staff from other disciplines.
The post requires a degree plus a recognised professional qualification in Civil Engineering or transport planning and/or eligible to be a corporate member of Royal Town Planning Institute as well as NVQ Level 5 in Management or demonstrable equivalent experience.
Some of the great benefits we offer are:
• flexitime and flexible working,
• casual car user mileage allowance,
• Subsidised annual travel cards
• 29 days holiday increasing to 32 days per year after 5 years continuous service
For further information regarding this post please contact Andrew Marshall on 01274 434050 or email [email protected]
Closing Date: 22nd November