Strategy Programme Manager – Implementation
Salary Range: £34,788 - £42,683 + £2000 market forces payment p.a.
Hours: 37 per week
We are looking for an enthusiastic and pro-active individual who has a passion for delivery and making our Local Transport Plan materialise on the ground. We particularly welcome candidates who can make this happen and help us deliver even more efficiently.
Your scheme portfolio will be at the forefront of implementing the policies within the County Council’s Local Transport Plan. The role is at the cutting edge of making changes on the ground to facilitate more walking and cycling journeys and making our roads safer. The breadth of schemes may include:
• revitalising town centres with urban realm improvements
• helping the Covid-19 economic recovery through interventions which increase walking and cycling
• road safety schemes which contribute to reducing injury accidents on our network
• plugging gaps and missing links in our sustainable transport network
• providing interventions that encourage walking and cycling trips to school.
No two days are the same due to the variety of work within the Highways Operations group!
The role will require someone with:
• experience gained in the highways / engineering sector, or equivalent, would be an advantage meeting with local members and stakeholders
• out and about around the County seeing schemes you are sponsoring develop and deliver
• working collaboratively with our consultant and delivery partners to ensure effective and on time delivery
• liaising with funding partners to bring in additional resource into the service
• managing budgets, and dealing with consultations
• presenting reports and representing the Highways service at meetings and panels
For an informal discussion please contact Lesley Davis on [email protected]
Closing Date: 16th August 2020
Interview Date: w/c 1st September 2020