Senior Transport Planning & Investment Officer
GR4 Level £28,226 - £35,336
Full-time, 36.5 hours per week
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for experienced and motivated transport planners to join an exceptional and expanding transport planning team, with up to four roles at Senior (GR4) level.
Resource is required to drive forward the development of transport policy and strategy, and key programmes and projects in support of the development, management and delivery of an extensive transportation investment programme. We are looking for individuals to contribute to specialist sub-teams in different areas of expertise including:
• Transport policy and strategy
• Business case development and modelling;
• Scheme development; and
• Transport programme management and bidding.
Birmingham is in a period of unprecedented development and an excellent transport system, as well as transport planners, are a cornerstone for our success. The demand for transport planning expertise to shape transport policies and masterplans is greater than ever, alongside the identification, specification and development of transport infrastructure.
• Do you have the skills to support the development and delivery of transport policies and strategies that support the city’s ambition to achieve economic, environment, and social sustainability, and to rapidly decarbonise the transport system?
• Do you have the skills to contribute planning and support the delivery an ambitious programme of transport infrastructure development in a city which is home to over one million people?
• Can you support the identification and development of transport infrastructure schemes across the city in liaison with relevant third parties and in line with current and future funding streams to inform the scheduling of work?
• Do you have ambition and an eye for identifying and pursuing future opportunities to develop and enhance transport infrastructure across Britain’s second city against a backdrop of political, economic, environmental and social change?
If this sounds like you this is your opportunity to join a dynamic team, bringing together transport policy and strategy development, working towards rapid transport decarbonisation, transportation investment programme development, supporting complex infrastructure projects such as HS2, bus priority, Sprint and Metro, delivering walking and cycling improvements, delivering road safety improvements, and enhancing the legacy of the Commonwealth Games.
You will possess knowledge and understanding of transport and land use planning policies within a local government context including developing transport policies, strategies, plans and monitoring reports; preparation of transport funding bids, applications and grant submissions; transport appraisal processes; and transport scheme development. Experience is required in one or more of the above outlined areas.
Skills and Experience
You will have experience in one or more of the following areas: multi-disciplinary project working, budget and programme development and monitoring, preparing funding bids, and working with elected Members and other stakeholders, as well as having strong communication, partnership working and project management skills.
You will be supported with your continuous professional development. You will also get a minimum of 29 days holiday per year, the opportunity to join a market leading pension scheme and enjoy an impressive package of other health and wellbeing benefits including our flexible working policy, and discounts with some of the UKs top retailers, fashion and tech brands.
Hybrid working conditions are currently in place with a mix of remote working and working from the office. Staff will be expected to attend in-person meetings when required, including at city council buildings, offices of consultants and other stakeholders, public meetings, and on site.
Closing Date: 15 July 2022