Senior Public Transport Officer
£32,910 - £34,728
We have an opportunity for a Senior Public Transport Officer in the Public Transport Team within the Strategic City Transport Service. The work of the Public Transport Team covers a wide remit, from designing and delivering bus infrastructure and bus priority projects, through to maintaining and managing the public transport network, as well as overseeing other aspects of the public transport network.
Bristol is a vibrant, exciting, diverse European City to live and work in. Come and help shape its future.
The City has ambitious plans to deliver improved transport infrastructure, both in the City and within the wider region. These plans include:
• Implementation of a Clean Air Zone;
• Developing Mass Transit options for the city;
• Supporting the rollout of a council-owned charge point network to enable cleaner transport to meet our carbon neutrality target of 2030;
• Transforming our local communities through the development of ‘Liveable Neighbourhoods’;
• Build on our success as Cycling City to further develop and implement a world class walking and cycling network in the city;
• Trialling and testing new transport technologies through our ‘Future Transport Zones’ programme of work.
Bristol sits within a strong economic area, working with its neighbouring cities and towns to maximise economic growth through the West of England Combined Authority, West of England Local Enterprise Partnership and Western Gateway.
Your role will be varied and will enable you to participate in and take the lead on a number of work areas of the team:
• including overseeing the day-to-day management of the bus shelter contract and bus shelter advertising concession
• maintaining and developing our relationship with the West of England Combined Authority in relation to highway and transport matters
• participating in the development of bus infrastructure and bus priority schemes
The team are based in Temple Street and work closely with Councillors, local residents and businesses and other teams across the Council.
You will join an experienced team, who will help you develop your skills and career. The post is on the Transport Service Career Progression Scheme, giving you the potential ability to progress through the pay grades. The Council also offers flexible working arrangements and consideration would be given to job share.
Why Bristol City Council?
At Bristol City Council, we go that extra mile for our people; we offer a work environment which is fast moving and supportive, giving you the chance to use your skills and develop new ones within a high profile organisation.
Join us and you’ll receive a generous rewards package including flexible working and flexi-time, membership of the Local Government Pension scheme, and a generous annual leave allowance. In addition, you’ll be working in a supportive environment where you’ll have the chance to make Bristol a better place and contribute to its future.
How do I apply?
If you share our values and are ready to be part of our exciting journey click here or press apply
Closing date: 19 April 2021.
At Bristol City Council, we value having a workforce as diverse as the City we serve. We therefore welcome, develop and promote people from all sections of the community.