Our client is one of Europe's leading integrated design consultancies, specialising in the delivery of high quality solutions to a wide range of private and public sector organisations.
Their UK operations are based in central London, covering Masterplanning and Urban Design, Transport and Mobility, and Landscape Architecture. As part of their ambitious expansion plans for 2018 and beyond, they seek to recruit a number of key people to join them, and in particular, an experienced Transport Planner at Associate level.
Candidates should be degree qualified and possess an excellent technical background in transport consultancy. Ideally, our client seeks a person with a broad a background as possible in transport planning, with experience covering some or all of the following :-
(1) Experience of UK Town & Country Planning and Environmental Impact Assessment processes including the preparation of Transport Assessments, Travel Plans and transport input into an EIA;
(2) Experience in local highway network analysis (including junction capacity assessments and design);
(3) Knowledge of planning for walking, cycling, bus operations and public realm enhancements;
(4) Experience of applying transport design guidance in a cities context (e.g. DMRB, Manual for Streets, cycle and bus design guidance) along with AutoCAD, AutoTrack and GIS being desirable;
(5) A knowledge of strategic transport modelling, and micro-simulation techniques;
(6) Proficiency in data collection techniques, data analysis and interpretation;
(7) The ability to strengthen existing client relationships and create relationships with new clients;
(8) Experience of successful technical stakeholder engagement and with non-technical stakeholders including through public consultation;
(9) Successful track record in managing projects to make sure work is completed in time to budget and to an excellent standard;
(10) Excellent standard in report writing and oral communication skills;
(11) Experience of mentoring and training team members to advance skills development and career progression.
Although not essential, it would be an advantage if you had experience of acting as an expert witness and/or been involved in the preparation of evidence on transport issues at public inquiries or similar proceedings.
The role of the Associate will be all encompassing, including the effective management of projects, exercising financial control, acting as Project Manager providing the technical lead and key client interface, promoting and developing multi-disciplinary working by providing technical advice on masterplanning and urban realm focussed projects, and supporting the growth of the team through business development and bid preparation.
The position offers the opportunity to work on a wide variety of mixed, international projects, currently located in the UK, most of Europe, and the USA.
The remuneration is negotiable, and will ultimately be dependent upon your qualifications and relevant experience. However, as a guideline, it's anticipated to be in the range of £45-53,000 p.a., plus a flexible benefits package.
Interested? In the first instance please email your CV to Peter Wills at the address below or call him for an initial discussion. All replies will be treated, as usual, in strict confidence.
At Peter James & Partners we respect your privacy and take extraordinary care in the handling of your CV and other information we obtain from you. We will not send any of your details, nor approach our client on your behalf in respect of this vacancy, without discussing it with you first and obtaining your permission to do so.
All our services to candidates are FREE and completely CONFIDENTIAL.
(Office) : +44 (0)1425 479 910
E-mail : peter@PJPrecruit.com
Web : PJPrecruit.com
Please quote Ref. No. : PJP2692