Urban Design Officer (Job ref.201)
Salary £26,470 - £30,756 Temporary 2 years
The Urban Design Officer will play an important role in driving forward design quality improvements across Cheshire East. They will work with both developers and planning officers to ensure that the high standards within the newly adopted design guide are delivered. This post will also develop and implement “Design Review” and support a training programme for planning officers and members. This work includes:
• Input into policy – local plan, area action plans, neighbourhood plans;
• Advise on the design implications of development proposals and suggested revisions in order to meet the requirements of the Cheshire East Design Guide;
• Develop, implement and monitor the effectiveness of “Design Review” for the Council
• Assist in the provision of urban design training for officers and members;
• Regularly engage with stakeholders, developers and external agencies on design matters to promote good practice and sustainable development.
You should have:
• A relevant design related degree qualification, supported by further professional development in urban design and membership of a relevant professional body;
• Post qualification experience of urban design work;
• A good understanding and experience of the relationship between urban design and planning, ideally gained within a local government context;
• The ability to visit sites across Cheshire East.
The job is based in Crewe, but you will be able to work from offices in Crewe, Sandbach and Macclesfield and work from home as appropriate.
At Cheshire East Council we are working for a brighter future – together and our commitment to you is that our workplace culture will provide a shared purpose, be well-led, with valued people succeeding together as one team and one council to deliver the best service for our customers and communities.
If you want to be part of our award-winning council and contribute to our ongoing success, have the flexibility and drive to enable us to innovate, are committed to working as part of a team and strive to deliver exceptional service wherever you can, we would especially like to hear from you.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and want our workforce to reflect the diversity of our local communities so that we can all work for a brighter future - together.
To discuss this post please contact either Ian Dale, Environmental Planning Manager on 01625 383732 or David Hallam, Principal Conservation and Design Officer on 01625 383733
For any enquiries please email [email protected]
Closing date: 23 April 2019.