Public Transport Planner OCC12058
Salary Range: £30,507 - £36,876 per annum
Work Location: County Hall, Oxford
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
THINK SMARTER WITH OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
Our mission at Oxfordshire County Council is simple – we want to enhance the incredible potential that already exists within the county in order to sustain thriving communities and a growing economy. As it is, we contribute more than £7billion gross to the national economy every year – and with more jobs than residents, that figure is set to grow.
We are seeking visionary individuals who will play a key role in enabling and shaping growth over the coming years. You will work in a team that will enable delivery of this growth, working with a range of stakeholders. If you can balance competing demands, have exceptional organisation skills and solid sector knowledge, you will be right at home in our progressive department.
About the Role:
You will be involved in a wide range of work; providing specialist technical input, supporting the delivery of public transport projects and be directly involved in the development of public transport strategies to meet the ambitious growth agenda in Oxfordshire. You will be working in partnership with colleagues and external stakeholders to support the delivery of our vision for public transport in Oxfordshire, regularly liaising with bus operators, developers and councillors.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to coordinate and provide the public transport response to major development proposals, from early engagement at local plan stage, through to the tendering of bus services. You will also work in a very ‘hands on’ way to develop a programme for new developer funded bus services, their procurement and financial monitoring. This will involve reviewing S106 contributions, writing tender specifications and evaluating bids.
Essentially you will be at the heart of ensuring that cost-effective, quality public transport services are delivered across Oxfordshire.
Take the next step in your career, click here to find out more information.
Rewards and benefits
In return, we can offer you:
• A supportive and inclusive team where you will be empowered to make good professional decisions supported by regular supervision
• An agile working environment with a tailored induction plan
• A wide variety of learning & development, coaching & mentoring and career development opportunities through our learning zone
• A staff discount scheme for a range of retailers; holidays; insurance; eating out; health & leisure activities and rail travel
• 24 – 32 days annual leave each year and an excellent pension scheme, with employer contributions of up to 20% of salary
Closing date: 8 July 2019.