Position: Transport Operations Manager
Location: Aylesbury, England
Industry: Public Sector and Government
Salary: £48894 - £51402 per annum
Buckinghamshire Council has an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager within Transport Services.
We are looking for someone to lead the client transport operational team which is responsible for ensuring value for money and high quality services are procured and in place for children’s and adult social care transportation.
The post-holder will place a key role in the service’s improvement journey leading the introduction of procedures to ensure rigour and accuracy in data recording, performance standards and effective contract management.
Transport Services provides integrated passenger transport for children to get to school, social care transport, and supports the public transport infrastructure.
The service manages high volume activity for thousands of mainstream and SEN children to get to school, as well as high value contracts with suppliers.
About the role
We are looking for someone is an experienced operational manager with procurement expertise.
The post holder will manage a team of 11 people to ensure safe, effective and value for money transport is in place for children and adults.
You will lead the successful delivery of major transport tendering exercises, overseeing the detail of all aspects of the processes, as well as ongoing transport procurement throughout the year.
- Please refer to the job summary for more detail.
Skills & Experience
This role will suit someone who is a strong operational manager with procurement expertise. Client Transport expertise is desirable, however candidates with transferable skills will be considered.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a successful track record in introducing and ensuring operational performance management.
- Management expertise to motivate and upskill a team to meet required performance standards.
- Is a strong communicator verbally and in writing.
- Proven financial management skills to ensure value for money.
- Has procurement expertise and in overseeing the successful delivery of high volume activity through the effective use of ICT and record keeping.
- A passion for improving the customer experience.
We anticipate that the interview process will to be via video conference and take place two weeks after close of the advert.
For more details about the role or an informal discussion please contact [email protected]
We have a set of values, which our employees have chosen, that represent what we are – Proud, Accountable, Collaborative and Trustworthy.
By joining Buckinghamshire Council, you can expect:
- a fair and inclusive culture
- the chance to really make a difference to those around you
- health and well-being initiatives including an Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders and mindfulness workshops
- a unified voice through our Employee Representative Group
- ongoing support, and the opportunity to develop and progress in your career with us
- opportunities to take part in fun activities such as fundraising and social events
About the Business Unit
Our Communities directorate work across the county to deliver a number of the key customer facing services that our residents, businesses and visitors rely on every day. This includes collecting and disposing of waste, maintaining highways and managing country parks, leisure facilities and libraries. The customer is central to how we develop and deliver all of these services, which help promote our rich and vibrant culture.
We are looking for enthusiastic, ambitious and committed individuals to join our team and help make Buckinghamshire a great place to live, work and visit. This is an exciting time for us, as we bring together many of the place based services that have previously been run by different authorities. We manage services through a combination of direct delivery, contract management and commissioning, as well as through our key partnerships. As part of the function, you will join us on our journey of continuous improvement. Whether that’s through developing strategies and ways of working, or delivering services on the ground – every person in Communities is a valued member of the team.
We recognise and reward you
Hard work and success deserves recognition. That’s why we pride ourselves on the benefits we give our people. We actively encourage a good work-life balance and promote flexible and agile working arrangements. We provide discounts on various Cafés, restaurants, shops and auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme. We also offer a salary sacrifice personal car lease scheme and the opportunity to gain membership to Costco. We have discounted gym memberships, Travel discounts with Arriva and Chiltern Railways and much more.