We are currently working with a development planning consultancy who specialise in providing transport advice to developers, retailers, operators, land owners and public sector bodies. They are currently seeking an Assistant Transport Planner to join their London-based team.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
The team has a significant forward workload, which includes a range of projects including proposed commercial, residential and industrial developments.
Duties will include preparing Transport Assessments and Travel Plans, undertaking capacity analysis using ARCADY, PICADY and LINSIG, calculating trip generation using TRICS and TRAVL and preparing traffic data spreadsheets using Excel.
Qualifications / Skills/ Knowledge :
• You will have a degree, ideally in Civil Engineering or equivalent numerate discipline and have solid hands-on post graduate experience.
• MSc in Transport Planning would be highly advantageous
Skills & Knowledge:
• The ideal candidate will have some experience in the preparation of Transport Assessments and Travel Plans (both work place and residential)
• Knowledge of junction design and junction analysis software (including ARCADY, PICADY and LINSIG) would be highly advantageous
• Working knowledge of trip generation databases such as TRICS and TRAVL, as well as an understanding of the planning process.
• The ability to write coherent and legible reports is critical.
• Ability to use GIS will be an advantage.
Please note!!!! Our client will consider MSc Transport Planning Graduates without previous work experience.