Fleet Delivery Manager
At Siemens Mobility, we are changing the way people travel, from smart road systems to digital railways. But it’s the people that make our company. Not the other way around!
We are currently recruiting for a Fleet Delivery Manager to join our Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock business supporting the West Coast Mainline contract in Northampton.
As Fleet Delivery Manager you will be responsible for leading multi-functional teams to deliver full maintenance services under a service agreement, delivering high performance in safety, performance and reliability, measured by cost, quality and customer satisfaction. You will develop strong and successful relationships with key customers associated with the relevant contracts, ensuring the fleet is fully compliant with all rail industry regulations and standards and Siemens policies. You will drive increased productivity and quality through strong leadership, successful collaboration and innovative thinking.
What are your responsibilities?
• Participate in developing short, medium and long term plans to achieve contract requirements in a cost effective manner
• Develop KPIs related to the contract deliverables to monitor and control the progress of the targets, driving business improvement
• Ensure the effective delivery of overhaul, modification and upgrade projects, as specified by assigned project manager
• Manage the presentation team to develop solutions to enhance service activities, integrating with production, project and technical teams
• Participate in regular reviews with customer representatives and demonstrate improved product performance and customer satisfaction by supporting them in their business objectives
• Develop positive relationship with the customer that provides a stable foundation for future business opportunities; collaborate with the customer to explore opportunities for mutual benefit
• Ensure specific contractual and customer requirements are met, participating in internal contract reviews; responsible for the delivery of overhaul and other projects as required
• Interact with support functions and key suppliers to ensure on time delivery of material and services, participating in performance reviews when required
• Participate in establishing budgets; be responsible for monitoring progress and delivery to budget
• Ensure fleet is maintained in compliance with all maintenance documentation, certificates and Siemens policies
• Responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of the performance regime, monitoring reliability and performance trends and developing improvement proposals
• Develop a high performance culture with strong employee engagement using the Siemens People Management policies and tools
• Drive productivity improvement using continuous improvement and six sigma techniques to achieve strategic targets; ensure regular quality audits and identify and implement process improvements
• Support other Sales team and Procurement teams when required to develop bids for further opportunities and service delivery specifications for suppliers
• Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies
What do you need to qualify for the role?
• Experience of managing and leading multi functional teams in a rail, production, fast moving or complex environment
• Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
• Contract and commercial experience
• Experience of managing budgets and negotiating with workplace representatives
• Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques and principles
• In-depth knowledge of Rolling Stock Maintenance techniques and procedures
• Broad technical understanding of the Rolling Stock for which this position is responsible
• Fleet introduction
• Previous experience of managing P&L (Profit and loss)
• IOSH/ NEBOSH certificate in Health and Safety or equivalent experience
• Understanding of industry maintenance best practice
• Material Planning Inventory control and Warehouse Awareness
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
To apply, please click the link below: https://sie.ag/384xASx