As a Movement Controller you'll be at the centre of defence activity internationally and co-ordinate the movement of soldiers and equipment all over the world. It’s your job to direct and prepare troops, vehicles and equipment for transport by road, rail, sea and air. It’s a great opportunity to travel whilst gaining qualifications that are recognised outside the Army. You need to be organised and good with people, including the UK's Allied partners, commercial organisations and senior soldiers and officers. It also helps if you’re able to think on your feet.
If you want to be a Movement Controller, you'll start with your initial military training which will teach you how to be a soldier - this will cover everything from fieldcraft to how to handle a rifle. If you join as a Junior Soldier (under 17 years 5 months), you’ll do a 23-week basic military training course at Harrogate. If you join as a Regular Soldier (over 17 years 1 month), you’ll do the regular 14-week adult basic training.
After this, you have a 7-week course at RAF Brize Norton to learn your trade. You’ll be supervised by experienced staff and trained to monitor transport, put movement plans into action and enforce regulations. We’ll also teach you about reserving seats, berths and stowage space.
The Army can help you gain a range of qualifications. These could include:
SHOW PEOPLE WHAT YOU’RE CAPABLE OF
We'll be with you every step of the way as you move up the ranks. From the moment you begin your training you'll get all the support and encouragement you need to make a success of your career. Work hard and you'll soon get promoted, which means more responsibility and extra pay.
Become a Movement Controller and you’ll:
- Earn a starting salary of around £15,600 during Basic Training which will rise to £20,000 after completing 26 weeks’ training or after completing your Initial Trade Training, if less than 26 weeks
- Receive subsidised accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
- Receive free medical and dental health cover
- Have the continuous access promotional opportunity and to continually progress your career
- Be sponsored to earn valuable civilian-recognised qualifications
- Take part in Adventurous Training and be able to play your favourite sports.
BELONG TO SOMETHING THAT MATTERS.
You should be:
Qualifications you’ll need:
GCSE Grade A–C/9-4 in at least English Language and Maths
Our next deadline for application is 30th September 2020, with further opportunities ongoing throughout the year.
FIND WHERE YOU BELONG.