Principal Engineer [Development] x 2 Posts
Pay Band L / SCP 32-33
£34,788 - £35,934 per annum
Looking for an exciting new opportunity? Join us in Knowsley!
It is a very exciting time for Knowsley: we have a substantial list of pipeline schemes for housing, transport and economic development, including several high profile schemes such as the new Shakespeare North Playhouse and the nationally-recognised Halsnead Garden Village. We are also in the process of implementing three Town Centre masterplans and five further strategic development sites. In addition, we have secured over £42m of Combined Authority Single
Investment Fund projects to be delivered over the next two years. In short – a brilliant place to grow your career.
We are looking for problem solvers, able to identify innovative solutions, secure delivery and provide a proactive service that stimulates growth. Experience in at least one of the following areas is essential:
• Highway development control;
• Highway design;
• S38 / S278 highway agreements;
• Highway maintenance.
Successful applicants will work in an expanding multi-disciplinary team with officers working collaboratively, supporting each other and sharing knowledge as necessary to deliver successful schemes for the benefit of Knowsley residents and businesses.
Job Reference: CVP 799- Principal Engineer (Site Development)
The Principal Engineer will work as a member of the Highway Projects Team and will assist the Team Leader in ensuring the delivery of highway infrastructure schemes primarily by developers. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring proposals maintain highway safety, secure improvements and sustainable means of access, maintain and improve the highway environment for all users and preserve the amenity of existing highway users from the impact of proposed development.
Job Reference: CVP 812 - Principal Engineer (Major Development)
The Principal Engineer will work with the Lead Engineer and other members of the Major Development Programme Team. The post holder will be responsible for securing legal agreements (including s.278, s.38 and s.106), ensuring major development proposals maintain highway safety, secure improvements and sustainable means of access, maintain and improve the highway environment for all users and preserve the amenity of existing highway users from the impact of proposed development. Further information on current major developments can be found at www.investknowsley.co.uk
The successful applicants will enjoy the following benefits:
• Easily accessible location (15 mins to Liverpool, 30 mins to Manchester by rail), with staff car parking permits available;
• Working within a supportive and team orientated environment;
• Opportunities for career progression and to take on additional responsibility;
• Minimum annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year, plus bank holidays.
• There is also an option to purchase up to a maximum of 10 extra days annual leave;
• Flexible working over a 36 hour week;
• Generous Council pension scheme;
• Access to working rewards including: childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff technology purchase scheme, discounted gym membership, and a host of other local discounts.
For an informal discussion, please contact Jon Robinson (Head of Highways) on 0151 443 5962. It is anticipated that interviews will be held within approximately one month of the closing date.
For further details and an application pack, please click here.
Closing Date: Friday, 14 February 2020