Senior Highways Officer
£34,788 - £42,683 p.a. + £2,000 market forces payment
Hertfordshire County Council offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Senior Transport Planner, with a focus on assessing the highway impacts of developments and providing responses to local authorities. You’ll join our specialist Highways Development Management Team at an exciting time for the county, as you help to facilitate safe and highly sustainable development across Hertfordshire.
What the role will include:
• Evaluating and reporting upon the transport implications of planning applications.
• Negotiating with developers and their consultants on financial contributions (section 106 legal agreements) to fund transportation infrastructure and supporting the delivery of these.
• Ensuring other team members and key stakeholders are involved/consulted as early as possible, creating positive working relationships both internally and externally.
• Representing the Highway Authority at planning appeals, including supporting team members at Public Inquiries and Local Plan Examination Inquiries.
• Assisting the Head of Development Management to deliver various projects
What we’d like to see from the perfect Senior Highway Officer:
• A good depth and breadth of technical knowledge in the highways sector.
• Or hold a degree in a closely related discipline.
• An understanding of transport related and regeneration issues; knowledge of the development planning process.
• Good appreciation of the political context within which the service operates, demonstrating awareness of the wider implications (e.g. political/environmental).
Benefits of Working for HCC:
• Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role).
• Excellent Career Development.
• Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits.
• Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions.
• Shopping Discounts.
• Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes.
For an informal discussion or more information about the role please contact Matthew Armstrong on 01992 556 065 or Alan Story on 01992 658 326.
Closing date: 2 August 2020.
Interview date: 13 & 14 August 2020.
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce