Senior Investment Planning Manager
Locations: Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds
Salary: £48,155 - £55,379
Closing Date: 26/08/2020
Your new role
As a Senior Investment Planning Manager, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the strategic direction and lead the development of the next generation of Route Strategies across England’s Strategic Road Network (SRN). With a confirmed investment of £27.4bn in the Strategic Road Network (SRN) for the next 5 years, these are exciting times for Highways England and this role will make a major contribution in leading the development of the long-term strategic planning of the SRN. You will lead on the Network Planning Division’s contribution to future Road Investment Strategies (RIS) and ensure the outcomes from route strategies play a pivotal role in future investment planning. As well as influencing the next RIS, this will include influencing wider Government and Third Party Investment Programmes, and feeding the outcome from route strategies into the pipeline for RIS 2 and future Designated Funds.
This is a varied role and will require you to manage multi-disciplinary teams, commission studies and research pertinent to the development of route strategies, with the ability to operate across all levels as you will engage with key internal and external stakeholders.
The role will involve travel across the country to ensure engagement with internal and external stakeholders is at the heart of our approach to the development of next generation of route strategies. The Division is split across a number of offices nationally, but in the main Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and Bristol.
What you’ll be leading on
• Producing a clear strategic framework for the Company to follow at each route strategy level and the production of route strategies covering the full SRN across England.
• Ensure an innovative approach to the development of the next generation of route strategies, ensuring they aid effective planning of the SRN
• Commission directly and/or with key stakeholders specialist research, studies, road reliant sector analysis which provides new insights and directly shapes route strategies;
• Leading a national programme of delivery of route strategies, ensuring at all times that corporately set strategic priorities underpin the development of these route strategies
To be successful
• Experience in the strategic transport development and/or development management sector
• Strong capability to operate strategically at national and/or sub-national level in strategic development or related environment with a clear demonstration of relevant experience to produce high impact route strategies;
• Evidence of successful working in collaboration with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders at a senior level to deliver mutually beneficial strategic outcomes
• Experience of working in a complex environment, delivering successful outcomes which involves long-term strategic planning
• Strong experience of working successfully in a Programme or Project Management environment
• A working knowledge of Department for Transport (DfT) Road Investment Strategy and Highways England’s Licence
A bit about us
The Network Planning Division’s purpose is to ensure a holistic approach to the future planning and development of the Strategic Road Network (SRN) and works in partnership with the Subnational Transport Body’s (STB) across the country to ensure that regional strategies and priorities are aligned to meet future customer and network needs. The Division develops and maintains the company’s strategic vision, leads and commissions strategic studies and route strategies and manages Highways England’s response to major UK infrastructure projects.
Want to know more?
For a copy of the job profile please email [email protected]
Video Interviews are planned to take place early September 2020
To apply for this vacancy click the apply button or click here.
We reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible