Transport Planning Specialist
Full-time and based at our offices at the Surrey Research?Park, Guildford.
Reports to: Sales Manager
Established in 2000, Basemap is a specialist provider of digital mapping, travel time analysis and public transport data solutions. In 2013 Basemap launched TRACC, the leading travel time analysis solution. TRACC was created to help our clients to produce accurate public transport and road-based travel time analysis, quickly and easily, so that they can make informed business decisions. Since the launch of TRACC Basemap has launched two web products, DataCutter and Highways Analyst, allowing users to visualise congestion information and purchase premium data from Basemap and its partners. Basemap also provides training and consultancy as well as a broad range of national datasets from Ordnance Survey and other leading data providers.
Basemap is looking to hire a Transport Planning Specialist to work with the Sales team to expand the presales support capability for the Basemap product suite
Working closely with the sales team, you will be required to assist them technically and commercially; from engaging with customers, understanding their projects, solving problems and achieving customer satisfaction with outstanding sales results.
Key job tasks:
• Give demonstrations and presentations to help clients discover and understand products/services
• Assisting the Sales team to secure new business with new potential customers within the UK and globally
• Provide technical expertise
• Provide pre and post-sales support
• Writing reports and sales literature
• Source and create custom maps and data for use with clients
• Attend trade exhibitions, conferences and meetings
Qualifications & Experience
The candidate will have:
• Two years’ plus experience of using transport planning software or GIS such as QGIS/ARC/MapInfo - Experience of TRACC preferred but not essential
• A relevant degree such as Business/IT, Computer Science, Transport/Town Planning, Geography or commercial experience as a transport planner or supporting a product through a technical role
• Experience within a pre-sales role or working directly with clients
The candidate should be able to demonstrate the following personal attributes:
• An outgoing personality and the confidence to engage with a broad range of clients and prospects
• An interest in the transport sector
• To be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels
• The ability to quickly build rapport and credibility with Basemap’s clients and prospects
• Enthusiasm to learn about mapping software
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to confidently deliver presentations to customers and stakeholders
• Willingness to travel within the UK and overseas as required
Why work for Basemap
Excellent benefits including:
• 25 days holiday increasing to 28 after 3 years.
• Flexible hours including early finish Fridays.
• Hybrid working, currently 2 days WFH per week.
• 5% company?pension scheme.
• Simply Health Plan.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Free parking with electric charging points.
• Regular social events.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected]