Principal Transport Planner
Luton Borough Council
£45,495 - £48,587 a year plus £3,203 car benefit allowance (subject to criteria)
Full Time, Fixed Term Contract until February 2025
Our ambitious Luton 2040 Vision – that no-one in Luton will have to live in poverty – is at the heart of everything we do. We recognise that our people are remarkable, talented, committed and passionate about serving our residents.
The people of Luton depend heavily on this council – and that means our workforce! Are you ready to realise the remarkable and help us deliver our vision?
We have an exciting opportunity within the Inclusive Economy department where you’ll be required to lead, manage and advise on transportation planning and policy and strategy development including developing sustainable transport options.
You’ll be responsible for strategic transport management in the Borough; developing, maintaining and monitoring a range of strategic policies, plans and programmes; providing support to the Council’s planning policy and development control teams and representing the council at a national, regional and sub-regional level, maintaining relationships with a range of key stakeholders at all times ensuring the highest level of service in accordance with the council’s vision and values.
- To be successful in this role you will have experience in transport planning and policy/ strategy development.
- You must have the ability to plan and manage own workload and deliver projects without close supervision.
- It is vital that you have a degree or higher-level qualification in Transport Planning or significant demonstrable experience in the field of Transport Planning.
- This is a public facing role, so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English
- Join us and help us “realise the remarkable” every day.
- Please ensure your supporting statement demonstrates your experience and knowledge in order for your application to be considered.
We’d love to hear from you if you’re a transport professional looking for their next step up or an experienced professional wanting to broaden their knowledge; our flexible working arrangement can accommodate those living further afield too! Feel free to reach out to see how we can do our best to tailor an employment/remuneration offer that reflects your experience.
For more information or a chat about the role - please contact Shaun Askins 07825 193636
We offer a wide range of benefits including generous pension scheme, annual leave and flexible working arrangements to name a few.
Click here to see all our benefits.
Application closing date: Thursday 23rd November 2023