Do you have excellent experience in using complex models to solve analytical problems? Have you worked in transport modelling or would you welcome the challenge of working on the development of complex, multi-criteria models?
Could you apply your project management skills to identify modelling needs, shape a proportionate solution and drive it through to delivery, either yourself or by managing consultants?
If so, we’d love to hear from you.
The Department for Transport (DfT) is recruiting for six Senior Modeller/Analyst posts within transport modelling teams. We are looking for candidates with proven expertise in using complex models to solve analytical problems and the ability to communicate analysis effectively to inform decision-making.
Modelling teams have a vital role in the development of policy and informing investment decision-making. The responsibilities of a Senior Modeller/ Analyst will vary according to post, but could include:
• Overseeing and undertaking research work to deliver enhancements to the modelling methods recommended in the Department’s Transport Analysis Guidance (TAG), supporting scheme appraisal
• undertaking bespoke analysis to support the enhancement of modelling methods and wider DfT needs
• advising on specific modelling issues both to DfT customers and the external transport modelling profession
• providing analytical assurance and modelling review, as well as value for money advice for significant investment decisions
• providing analysis and research to support the development and use of the Department’s strategic models including the National Trip End Model (NTEM) and the National Transport Model (NTM)
• working with external stakeholders to develop appropriate analysis for business case development and provide advice to decision makers on quality of submissions
• commissioning modelling from external consultants, project managing their work and assuring outputs
Do you have a positive, forward thinking mind-set with a willingness to learn?
Have you got a mathematical mind with a flair for analysing and solving problems?
These exciting roles require people who can deliver progress on long term model development activities. You will be a self-starter who can build rapport quickly to collaborate with your colleagues and stakeholders, and apply strong project management skills to the delivery of pragmatic, timely solutions.