Role: Project Manager
Reports to: Commercial Director
Hours: Full Time: 37 hours per week
Annual Leave: 25 days + bank holidays
Salary: Upto £40,000 p.a pro rata
Smart Applications Management (SAM) is a Membership organisation created to help local councils, commercial bus operators and other public sector bodies realise the benefits of better sustainable transport through intelligent transport systems such as ITSO smart ticketing, web retail, mobile apps and system integration. By pooling resources and expertise, SAM offers access to a range of best in class services and systems for its Members, whilst also managing the National Procurement Framework. Our website is www.talktosam.co.uk.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a talented and dedicated individual to join the small but growing SAM team at our offices in either Nottingham or Plymouth. As one of our Project Managers, you will be responsible for the day to day management of a range of different projects, including the technical development of our Managed Service and supporting our National Procurement Framework.
You will be part of a conscientious, efficient, sociable team, and as a key member of the Project Team, you will drive the continued success of the company. Full training and development will be provided.
1. Successful management and delivery of projects for both SAM and its Members, including:
a. Managing SAM’s Suppliers to ensure that they meet their delivery and performance obligations, including preparation of performance reports for the SAM Board.
b. Managing multiple projects simultaneously covering all of SAM’s activities including ensuring Suppliers project teams are aligned with our requirements.
c. Work with project stakeholders to determine and define project scope & objectives.
d. Utilise industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout an entire project’s execution, including:
i. Carrying out monitoring and control activities to track the progress of the project against delivery timescales
ii. Tracking project costs to ensure budget requirements are met.
iii. Measuring project performance to identify areas for improvement, and providing project updates to stakeholders as required.
iv. identifying and managing risk, taking appropriate action where necessary.
e. Close the project - including evaluating successes and challenges to enhance learning for your next project.
2. Working closely with SAM Members, you will identify how we can improve our products and services to meet their needs, working with the team to translate these requirements into a development roadmap.
3. To facilitate and contribute to meetings, visits, conferences and committees, through preparation of reports and presentations taking subsequent actions forward to delivery.
4. To ensure all activities undertaken are in compliance with SAM’s Policies.
Measures of Success:
1. Successful delivery of the SAM development programme, on time and within budget.
2. All Managed Service Suppliers meet their agreed Service Levels.
3. All Managed Service commitments from SAM to our Members met.
4. Revenue growth through increased uptake of SAM services by Members.
Knowledge, Education & Training:
1. Education to A level standard
2. Degree preferred but not essential.
3. Technical or transport knowledge desirable but not essential.
4. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, MS Project and databases.
Relevant Experience & Skills:
1. Minimum two years of relevant Project Management experience
2. Good technical knowledge or a willingness to learn.
3. Good communication and organisational skills.
4. Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
5. Ability to build strong working relationships with project stakeholders.
6. An appreciation of the importance of confidentiality and data protection.
7. The ability to work to tight deadlines with high levels of accuracy.
Staff welfare and a positive work-life balance are important to SAM. Where possible we offer a flexible working environment with opportunities for homeworking and flexible hours to fit around your personal circumstances.Applicants with any questions can contact either ([email protected]) or Andrew Seedhouse ([email protected])