Job Title: Senior Transport Delivery Officer
Job Type: Permanent
Job Hours: Full time
Salary: £27,741 - £34,728 per year +
Working in the Transport and Connectivity division of Birmingham City Council, you will assist the Transport Delivery Managers / Specialists and the Principal Transport Delivery Officers with the delivery of transport projects.
• Managing the development, design, implementation and handover of projects to ensure transport works are delivered within the project timescales, budget and to the required quality.
• Ensure that projects are managed and delivered in accordance with the relevant obligations.
• Prepare project documents including bids, business cases, tender/contract documents and supervision of contracts, legal and other agreements.
• Prepare and present project briefs, transport assessments and reports on a range of issues and produce technical and non-technical reports.
• Develop, review, implement and manage public / stakeholder consultation and engagement processes.
What you’ll need to succeed
• You must be degree qualified or relevant professional / project management qualification (e.g. I. Eng. MICE / equivalent professional qualification) or demonstrable credible experience
• Demonstrate practical experience of working on transportation / infrastructure projects
• Provide specialist professional /technical advice, working closely with and stakeholders
• Knowledge of the application of CDM regulations
• Produce well-collated information and documentation
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a range of audiences and to produce concise reports and lead meetings
• Confident use computer design and specialist software packages
• Excellent Customer Care and promoted Health and Safety in previous roles.
What you’ll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone seeking cutting edge work in a truly collaborative, empowering, and inclusive organisational culture with plenty of opportunity for career progression. This position supports the commitment to undertake future training and development to obtain/maintain professional qualifications for your career development.
On offer is a extensive remuneration package including a base salary of £27,741 - £34,728 per annum plus:
• Pension scheme with a generous employer contribution
• Flexible working, where applicable
• Family-friendly policies including job sharing
• Generous holiday entitlement of 29 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years and 34 days after 10 years)
• Subsidised travel passes
• Occupational Health support including a confidential counselling service
• Staff discount scheme with several local businesses
• An accredited Investor in People
• Employee health and wellbeing support (achieved Thrive at Work Foundation Level accreditation from West Midlands Combined Authority)
The recruitment process
An initial interview will take place using Microsoft Teams shortly after application at a flexible time to suit both parties, where you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your skills and experience and meet the team.
If you're interested in this role, click here or the apply button to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Jessica Dillon on 0121 236 3312.