Principal Transport Planner
Full Time (permanent contract)
We are looking a fantastic new transport planner to lead a crucial section of the Transport Strategy Group’s work. We need someone to create the innovative policy and strategy the Royal Borough needs to meet its Transport objectives. We need someone to ensure this strategy is put into practise, by acting as the ‘sponsor’ for a number of high-profile programmes.
The Royal Borough is committed to an ambitious vision for transport: an attractive, accessible, healthy and sustainable transport network. This will help make Royal Greenwich a brilliant place to live, work and play – opening up the great opportunities it offers to all of its residents. Royal Greenwich will be on-track to help realise the Mayor of London’s aim for 80 per cent of all trips in London to be made on foot, by cycle or using public transport by 2041.
The Royal Borough has a track record of delivering great transport investments – which transformational projects like the Greenwich Liveable Neighbourhood will build on. With ambitious targets and some stubborn challenges, we need a knowledgeable, experienced, and enthusiastic ‘pacesetter’ to help us deliver on our objectives.
You will be at the centre of our efforts to create an attractive, accessible, healthy and sustainable transport network for Royal Greenwich.
You will be responsible for shaping the Royal Borough’s transport strategies and sponsoring a range of high profile programmes that deliver it.
- Delivering a borough-wide Transport Strategy for Royal Greenwich.
- Developing our strategy for key transport issues and places.
- Acting as sponsor our bus priority, electric vehicle and car club programmes.
- Leading the development of funding bids, feasibility work and engagement on transformational transport projects.
Providing leadership to the people working with you.
We are looking for someone experienced in:
- Developing transport policies, strategies and feasibility studies.
- Commissioning and scrutinising technical analyses, forecasts and studies.
- Preparing successful bids for external funding.
- Engaging with a wide range of partners and stakeholders: working collaboratively with other bodies; and representing the organisation in formal settings.
- Delivering successful and meaningful consultations.
- Analysing complex data and communicating your conclusions to different audiences (in writing and in person).
The job description and person specification for the role are attached.
To discuss the role or ask any other questions please contact Ryan Bunce, Transport Strategy Manager (0208 921 8023).
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.