Transport Planning and Policy Manager
Salary: MM2 £48,078 - £61,497- 2 Years Fixed Term
Enfield has ambitious plans to deliver high quality, sustainable development and transport is key to achieving our goals. We are looking for a Team Manager to direct a small team to help develop Enfield’s future transport strategy; shape development in the borough; and promote active and sustainable means of travel.
You will need to be an experienced transport planner with a proven track in development management and a record of working at a high level with elected members and partners from a wide range of organisations.
The main duties of the role are:
• Formulating local transport policy and strategy, ensuring conformity with wider sub-regional and national policy.
• Providing transportation, traffic, highway and parking input to the Development Management process, focussing partcularly on major sites and areas of strategic, London-wide significance.
• Maximising financial contributions from development to effectively mitigate the impact on local transport systems and to help meet the borough’s long-term transport infrastructure needs
• Ensuring that the Council meets its obligations with regard to a range of statutory processes including, public rights of way, road adoptions, and the maintenance of the Council’s highway records.
• Maximising levels of public transport in the Borough by lobbying and liaising with operators, Transport for London and other strategic partners.
• Managing and developing complex policies and programmes to promote and effectively deliver active travel, road safety, bus priority and other transport initiatives across the borough.
Along with at least a degree level qualification in a relevant subject (or equivalent vocational experience) you must have excellent communication skills and a detailed practical understanding of current transport planning and policy issues in London.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
• An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
• Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
• A blend of remote and office-based working for most roles.
• Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
• Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
• Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
• Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Closing Date: Midnight, Thursday 13th May 2021
Interview Date: 25th May 2021
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or [email protected] A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact David Taylor, Head of Traffic and Transportation on 020 8132 0277 for an informal discussion.