Job Title: Principal Transport Planning Officer
Salary: £44,863 - £46,845. In addition, re-location expenses may also be paid.
Closing Date: 29/09/2021
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Strategic Transport Planning Team at Gloucestershire County Council (GCC). As a senior member of staff you will advise and assist in the formulation and processes of strategic transport planning policy and their implementation. You will take the lead in developing your own projects, under the guidance of the transport planning team managers and in cooperation with colleagues and stakeholders. In your work you can demonstrate experience in interpreting the outputs of transport models and an understanding of WebTAG. A good team player, you are self-motivated with an ability to work effectively on own or as part of a team. The post may be eligible for re-location expenses.
• Experience of working with the legislative framework and practical implementation in transport policy and planning.
• Experience of working in partnership with external organisations.
• Good at fostering relationships and working in partnership.
• Experience of negotiation with developers and other organisations.
• Experience of providing evidence to Planning Inquiries, appeals and/or Examinations in Public.
Knowledge, Skills and Understanding:
• Good political awareness.
• Dealings with Lead Cabinet Members / authoring cabinet reports.
• Thorough knowledge of transport planning legislation and policies at national and local level.
• Proven ability to think, act and work strategically / corporately.
• Experience in ICT.
• Excellent report writing skills.
• Financial management skills.
• A successful track record in a management role.
• A good understanding of the Transport Business Case process.
Education & Qualifications
• Appropriate academic qualification, such as a degree in a relevant subject such as planning, engineering, geography, regeneration or environment science.
• Full and valid driving licence and provision of own transport for work.
• Full Membership of a relevant Transport Planning Institution.
• Recognised management qualification.
• Occasional “out of hours” (evening and weekend) duties may be required in the normal course of duties.
• The post holder may be based at Shire Hall or in offices anywhere in the county, as directed.
• The post holder will be required to travel throughout the county, as required, and must hold a full, valid driving licence and relevant insurance, and have the use of a suitable vehicle.
For further information and to apply, please click here or the apply button.