Strategic Transport Planner Roles:
Strategic Transport Planner x 1
Strategic Transport Planner (Senior) x 1
Salary: £46,050 - £62,390 per annum (inclusive of all allowances) depending on experience. There is also an additional London weighting supplement for sp 1038 in addition to the above
Job reference: OENV0224
Contractual hours: 35
Join the City of Sustainable Transport
Do you care about sustainability, climate change and designing healthier cities? Are you interested in how we can enable people to move around cities in more sustainable ways?
We are currently recruiting to fill the above vacancies in the Transport Strategy team and are keen to hear from you if you feel you are a fit for either the Strategic Transport Planner or Senior Strategic Transport Planner role, depending on your skills and level of experience. (See full job description for grades and pay rate).
At the City of London Corporation, we’re passionate about ensuring our streets and transport network is capable of supporting the world’s most iconic city. We have adopted ambitious targets to reduce traffic and carbon emissions and we want to transform the City into the best place for walking and cycling.
Join us as a Strategic Transport Planner, and you’ll use your expertise to tackle complex transport matters and proposals. With senior officers and politicians looking to you for guidance, your role will broadly involve:
• Providing policy advice on transport and placemaking;
• Transforming complex data into digestible content in order to advise senior officers and politicians;
• Formulating policy by researching and analysing transport trends;
• Taking ownership of numerous projects and initiatives;
• Representing the City Corporation externally at public events, and meetings with other local authorities and public bodies; and
• Producing excellently written committee reports, to ultimately influence political decision makers on transport policies, proposals and initiatives.
• Working collaboratively across multi-disciplinary teams to deliver our objective to ensure the City of London’s streets and public spaces are world class, inclusive and accessible.
To join us we’ll expect you to have a background in developing or delivering transport policies, influencing change, and commissioning and conducting research. Great communication and influencing skills are important, and your report-writing capabilities will be second-to-none.
In return, you can look forward to a competitive salary, plus excellent benefits. This includes generous annual leave, access to our desirable local Government Pension scheme (which will increase in line with inflation) and staff discounts on anything from eating out to gym memberships.
We intend to hold interviews 11-15 March 2024
Alternatively, please contact 020 7332 3978 (24hr answerphone) quoting reference number OENV0224. A minicom service for the hearing impaired is available on 020 7332 3732
The City of London Corporation is committed to Equal Opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Closing date: 29 February 2024 at 12 Noon.