Vehicle Technician HC29890
Salary: Scale 5, £23,235 - £25,380 per annum plus £3000 market supplement
Hours: 37 hours per week
Closing Date: Sunday 12th July 2020 at 23.59pm
Would you like a fantastic opportunity to support the Communities of Hampshire? Could you provide critical and technical support to the front line service of Hampshire Constabulary. If the answer is yes, then we may have the job for you! Hampshire Police Transport Department is looking for highly motivated vehicle technicians.
The staff, of?cers and volunteers of Hampshire Constabulary are here so that the people we serve, their families and our communities are safer. To deliver our quality public service, it is vital we can call upon our dynamic Police Fleet.
We currently have a vacancy at our Basingstoke workshop, where your vehicle maintenance and repair skills will be used to ensure the Fleet is kept fully operational. You will be required to work on a variety of ?eet vehicles, which currently includes high performance cars, vans, motorbikes, even boats and other equipment.
As well as undertaking servicing and repairs and vehicle road tests, you will be required to carry out basic vehicle ?ts to ensure they are ready for police use.
You will need to be quali?ed to City and Guilds 383 motor vehicle mechanics or equivalent Level 3 quali?cation in vehicle repair and servicing or passed a full 3 year vehicle manufacturers apprenticeship, you will also have post-quali?cation experience of servicing and maintenance in a vehicle workshop dealing with a range of car and light commercial vehicle types. You will also hold a full current driving licence and be willing to undertake in-Force training to gain authorisation to drive all types of motor vehicles used by the Constabulary. The hours of work are 8-4.30 Monday-Thursday and 8-4 Friday. Saturday morning over-time is optional.
How to apply
Please click here.
In this role you will maintain Hampshire police ?eet to a high standard ready for operational deployments.
Key tasks will include:
• To repair & service police vehicles and equipment (vans ,cars, generators etc) to a high standard in a timely manner.
• To identify maintenance requirements and preventative measures to ensure high ?eet utilisation, during the course of service and repair procedures.
• To collect & deliver cars & vans when required.
• To investigate & diagnose faults using multi Franchise equipment.
• To carry out test drives in order to diagnose and assess vehicle suitability for road use.
• To carry out basic new vehicle ?t out and testing ready for police use.
• Additional Requirements
• To provide temporary vehicle maintenance cover for special operations, within and outside the Force area, as required. Additional Training will be provided Please note that you will be vetted to standard level for this role.
Educated to Educated to QCF Level 2, (5 passes) plusA City and Guilds 383 motor vehicle mechanics or equivelent Level 3 qualification in vehicle repair and servicing or passed a full 3 year vehicle manufactures apprenticeship.
• Considerable post-qualification proven experience of servicing and maintenance in a vehicle workshop dealing with a multiplicity of car and light commercial vehicle types.
• Have a good basic knowledge of electrical systems, to enable accurate diagnosis & fault finding of police equipment.
• To be computer literate.
• Be able to show a record of good time keeping.
• To be able to work with others.
Contact details for an informal discussion
Please contact the Recruitment Team on 01962 846438 or [email protected]v.uk
Hampshire Constabulary is an inclusive employer and strives to have a workforce representative of the communities we police and serve. We recognise that we are not fully representative and are working to address this imbalance through a variety of initiatives.
The Equality Act 2010 allows us to promote equality within Hampshire Constabulary by adopting Positive Action to support people from under-represented groups. Our aim is to recruit talented people with a diverse range of skills and experience and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Our Positive Action team are available to provide support through the application and assessment process by contacting: [email protected]
The Disability Confident campaign aims to remove barriers, increase understanding and ensure that people have opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations. We will accommodate requests for reasonable adjustments where possible throughout our recruitment and promotions processes and encourage anyone requiring reasonable adjustments to disclose this at the earliest opportunity.