Title: Senior Transport Planner - Capital Projects
Job Type: Permanent
Job Hours: Full time
Location: Hampshire Southampton
Salary: £37,107 - 41,846 per year +
Southampton City Council has been selected by the Department for Transport as one of 12 cities that are due to receive a share of the £840m Transforming Cities Fund. The Council will be embarking on an ambitious programme to deliver projects which will transform public transport connections and interchanges, deliver the Southampton Cycle Network and make the city centre a better place to live and access.
This role will give you the opportunity to be responsible for the delivery of a number of the transforming Cities projects, the value of which ranging from £50k to £1m. You will work on projects that are innovative and will deliver a step change in sustainable transport within Southampton, which supports the bold and ambitious plans as set out the in the Local Transport Plan 4 – Connecting Southampton. Your role within the Transport Delivery Team will require an effective close working relationship with internal and external stakeholders and consultants.
To be successful you will have a proven track record in delivering transport improvement projects that push boundaries and will take on the role of the client manager, taking projects through feasibility, detailed design and onto construction and working in conjunction with Council’s Highway Delivery Partner.
In this role you will:
• ensure timely delivery of transport improvement projects;
• ensure projects are delivered within agreed budgets;
• assess proposals against industry best practice and push for innovative design solutions;
• progress project reports through various governance stages to gain the appropriate project approval;
• supervise external consultants and assign appropriate resources to ensure project delivery; and
• provide project management duties including risk assessments, project reports, status reporting and escalating issues to the Transport Delivery Team Leader.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Pete Boustred, Service Manager Strategic Transport on 023 8083 4743 Additional information:
• This role is full time, 37 hours.
• Please note the salary quoted is based on full time hours (37 hours).
• It is usual for successful candidates to start at the bottom of the pay grade.
• For further information about this role please view the job description.
To be considered for this post please submit an online application through our website: https://www.southampton.gov.uk/jobs/ or click on the 'Apply for this job' button below.
The supporting statement section of the application form must be completed detailing how you meet the essential, and if applicable the desirable criteria for the role. A CV on its own will not be considered.
Contact Name & Details:
For all recruitment queries please contact Recruitment Team: 023 8083 4033
We’re proud to be #DisabilityConfident and support fair recruitment practices. Find out how you can get involved at gov.uk/disability-confident
Closing date 18/02/2019 23:59:00