Transport Planning Team Leader HCC267764
Salary Range: £48,447 - £54,525 per annum (Applications for relocation allowance up to £10,000 may be considered).
Work Location: The Castle, Winchester, with flexible working from home
Hours per week: 37
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 30 November 2021
Interview Date: to be conducted early January 2022
Lead and support the delivery of our radical new transport plan
To lead and co-ordinate a small Transport Policy team delivering a range of strategic studies and transport policy initiatives. The post holder will need to work collaboratively with both internal and external contacts to progress the County Council’s exciting transport policy agenda.
Our radical new Local Transport Plan means it’s an exciting time to join our team and make a difference. The plan aims for carbon neutrality, thriving communities, and increased wellbeing for our residents. There are also a range of projects in development that will deliver improved access and environments for our residents.
We are looking for committed people who can manage the delivery of the highest quality services and outcomes to really make a difference to the issues impacting our communities.
The post holder will be expected to contribute to a variety of departmental and corporate projects, drawing on their broader expertise and previous experience.
We are a very supportive and friendly team and collaborate well with other teams and departments. Fantastic development and training opportunities are available alongside a generous annual leave entitlement, flexible working and a local government pension scheme. If this sparks your interest, and you think you might be the person we’re looking for, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
What we can offer you:
In return we can offer:
• Opportunities to develop your skills and experience, informally, or formally. For suitable candidates Hampshire is almost unique in supporting paid masters’ degrees with appropriate study time given; up to degree level apprenticeships (including transport planning, project management; and the Transport Planning Society’s Professional Development scheme.
• Flexible working arrangements such as part time hours, job shares, compressed fortnights, wrap-around school hours, and flexi-time.
• Local Government Pension, and annual leave which increases over time.
• Opportunities to make a difference and receive support through staff networks for parents, carers, and people with protected characteristics.
• The support of a wider team who will value you and what you achieve.
These are just some of the benefits of being a Hampshire County Council employee.
Please note this post is Politically Restricted.
Contact Details for an Informal Discussion:
Dominic McGrath, Strategic Transport Manager on 03707 793710 or [email protected]
Hampshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
In order to combat discrimination, no unnecessary conditions or requirements will be applied which could have a disproportionately adverse effect on any one group. All sections of the population will have equal access to jobs. No applicant or employee will receive less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership and pregnancy or maternity, unless a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) applies.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.